I went ahead and viewed the March 16th web conference:
My initial impression was that it was a tad bit chaotic. I think this is due to the layout of how topics are discussed. I noticed that having sound was an issue. I decided to just scroll through, read, and notate what was an interest to me. I did find the topic of social networking as something I want to read more on. One student mentioned that they had been told to NOT talk to students on social networking sites. The teacher actually brought up a good point of how it was an easy way to speak to them. It would seem to be easy to just "write on your student's wall" via Facebook about an upcoming test or even just send them a quick message. I can also understand the directive that was given because it can diminish any room for suspected wrongdoing between teacher and student. The discussion of outdated technology was an excellent point as well. I think the budget crisis that we're in will definitely push districts to learn to make the most of what we already have. I think that in order to have a productive web conference there may need to be certain topics posed for discussion before it actually begins. The topics will be discussed and questions can be asked. Technology isn't the best thing, so it would alleviate multiple conversations and lost sound. It was good to see that so many were present and giving feedback.
No comments:
Post a Comment